- The signatories of the Memorandum of Association and the office bearers of the Council shall be the first members of the Society.
- The Council may admit to membership any person who, in the opinion of the said Council, is competent and interested in promoting the Aims and Objectives of the Society and has agreed in writing to be bound by the Memorandum of Association of the Society.
- The power to admit members is the sole and absolute power of the Council, and the Council may refuse to admit any person as a member without assigning any reason.
- Such members shall pay a membership fee and are eligible to vote. The membership fee will be decided by the Council from time to time.
Types of Members
- Member: Any person with aptitude and interest in Fertilizers and Environment may be admitted as a Member. Such members shall pay a membership fee and are eligible to vote. The membership fee will be decided by the Council from time to time. Such a member will hereinafter be referred to as ‘Member’.
- Honorary Member: Any person whose connection with the Society is deemed to be useful may, with the consent of such person, be selected by the Council as an Honorary Member. Such member shall not, however, be eligible to be a member of the Council and shall not be eligible to vote in any meeting. Such a member will hereinafter be referred to as ‘Honorary Member’.
- Institutional Membership and Nominee Member: Any organization whose connection with the Society is deemed to be mutually useful may, with the consent of such organization, be selected by the Council for Institutional Membership. Such organization shall pay a membership fee which will be decided by the Council from time to time. Such organization may, with the consent of the Council, nominate a person as Nominee Member. Such member shall not, however, be eligible to be a member of the Council and shall not be eligible to vote in any meeting. Such a member will hereinafter be referred to as ‘Nominee Member’.
The Membership types and the present subscription rates are decided as below
- The annual fee (individual) : Rs. 500/-
- Life membership (individual): Rs. 2000/-
- The annual fee (institution) : Rs. 1000/-
- Life membership (institution): Rs. 10,000/-
N.B. There is no admission fee at present.
Cessation of Membership
Any member shall cease to be a member
- on the acceptance by the Council of his/her resignation from the membership by a letter addressed to the Secretary, Council.
- on his/her becoming insane or insolvent.
- on his/her conviction of any offence in connection with the formation, promotion, management or conduct of the affairs of a society or body corporate, or of any offence involving moral turpitude.
- on his/her non-payment of membership fee for two consecutive years.
Register of Members
The Society shall maintain a Register of members containing names, addresses, occupation, dates of admission and cessation of membership and the description of membership status. The Register will be kept open for inspection of the members of the Society on requisition. All entries required to be made therein shall be entered within a period of 15 days.
Rights of Members
Every Member has the right
- to elect and be elected in any election of the Society; Members have one vote each,
- to submit suggestions for discussion to the Council and sub-committees on any matter relating to the Society,
- to inspect Register of members, books of accounts and meeting minute books on appointment with the Secretary.
Obligation of Members
Every Member shall
- abide by rules and regulations of the Society and maintain discipline,
- pay his/her annual subscription on or before 31 March of the same Accounting year. Defaulting Members shall not be allowed to take part or vote in a meeting.
Expulsion and Removal
- Frequent action of any member, if found by the Council, are detrimental to the interest and in violation of the rules and regulations of the Society, such a member, after due enquiry, will be censured, suspended or expelled from the membership by the Council. In that case, the Council shall first serve the member concerned with a show-cause notice showing therein the charges framed and asking him/her to submit his/her statement of defence within a month. On receipt of the explanation, the Council shall have the power to take suitable action against the delinquent member after allowing him/her to defend his/her case. If no reply to the show-cause notice is received within a month, the Council may take an ex-parte decision.
- For any act of expulsion or termination, no such member shall be entitled to prefer any claim for compensation or damage even if proved on a subsequent date that such act of expulsion or termination was wrong and/or unlawful.
Please click below link to download file.